Monday, April 20, 2015

HI

Well hello there! Welcome back!

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, I went on spring break and got a chance to write a couple of poems! I won't go into detail because I am not publishing a poetry book anymore!

Yeah, I know you're probably shocked, but I did some thinking over the break we had, and I realized that I am not ready to publish anything right now. Well, not anything, I'll come back to this part later, but I just wasn't prepared to publish a whole book of my own personal poems yet. Also, I am super broke and I can't find a way to raise all that money, which was $150. This is not me giving up, this is not me failing. I had a goal, and that was the goal for a while and I was seriously planning on going the distance and publishing this book of poetry, but that's not what I want. Not now at least. I am a sophomore and I honestly don't want to take that responsibility right now, publishing book is scary. At least, right now it is.

But I am not giving up. Not now, not ever.

I have decided, instead of self publishing, I am gonna get someone else to publish my writings. I have submitted a poem to Canvas Literary Journal, and I am trying to make it into their summer issue. I have plans to submit and write a few more pieces in the near future to submit. I am very excited because this is a chance to prove to not only others, but myself that I am a writer worthy of being published, because I have some people who don't think so.

I have to prove them wrong.

Tying into the ending about proving people wrong, I am gonna prove people wrong by slaying my 20 time speech. Though, I haven't written much yet, or at all, I have an idea of what I want to talk about. Eight minutes of me talking about poetry and how it helped with my self-discovery. So amazing, I know. I want to talk about that because this school year has been a big year in me trying to figure out who I am and what I want to be and what type of person I want to be in the future and who I want to be right now. Poetry is an emotional outlet, whether happy emotions or angry emotions, it's an outlet. I discovered things about myself that I wouldn't have discovered if I didn't tell my teacher that I wanted to write a book of poetry. This is project has helped me in so many ways because it has now forced me to write about the things that make me happy or upset or emotional, I wouldn't have done any of that without this project.

So, that's all for this week folk. I promise to keep writing and updating you about which magazines, etc. in the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment