Sunday, February 8, 2015

So Many Poems, So Little Time


Hi!

So, I've written over twenty poems over the past two weeks! Exciting, I know. Comparable to the last month where I've written maybe six good poems, I wrote a good ten that I'm happy with. Not all of them will make the cut though, I had to pick the ones I felt so passionate about.

The first one I wrote is called "Castles".  I wrote this one at 2 a.m. when I couldn't sleep, but could write poems.  It's about a girl who built castle around her heart, and didn't expect anyone to come save her, and then when 'Prince Charming' did, she finally realized why everyone was so adamant that falling in love was the best thing in the world.

The next one I wrote is called 'Woods'.  This is based off Taylor Swift's song 'Out of The Woods', it's not the same, but similar. I actually love this poem so much, because it's kinda mysterious, and a little creepy. I wrote this one the same night that I wrote Castles, while everyone was telling me to go to bed, and I just couldn't. Both of these poems have some lines that just really stand out to me, and I don't want to reveal them because then that would be spoilers, and that wouldn't be fun.

The next poem I wrote is called 'Someone Else's'. The poem is based off this boy (duh) that I met when I was in second grade. He was my best friend for a long time, and I always seemed to have a crush on him when I was younger. I thought he was going to like me back. That was not the case, and he liked other girls, and I was 'heart-broken'.  I honestly couldn't care less about him at this point, to tell you the truth, but I was reflecting on how I felt when I was younger, and I thought he would be mine and I would be his. I realized that I was never his, I was someone else's, and even before I am someone else's, I am my own.

This one is called 'Eyes'. It's short and sweet, and I've always liked the eyes. As most people would say, they are the windows to the soul. I've been known to fall in love with people's eyes before any other part of them, so I wrote a little poem that reflected that feeling.

So, that's all for this week, not a lot, but considerably more than last time, I believe.
This is an untitled poem, but I like it, so here:

Your eyes are like nebulas,
And the freckles on your knees are constellations.
Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't beautiful,
When you have the beauty of the sun,
Trapped in your voice.

2 comments:

  1. That poem gave me chills! It was short in length, but the the depth of it takes me to a whole new level. Kate you are such an amazing writer and you make me want to write more! This seriously took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zaria! You just made my day!

      Delete