Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hiya!


Here we are, two weeks later.

A far amount of things have happened, midterms were a thing, and writing has been pushed to the side. It wasn't my choice, trust me, I would have much rather been writing than studying, but grades are important, not that they measure my self-worth, but they are still important. College and that future stuff that I don't want to think about, are still things that will come back to haunt me sooner or later. Let's hope it's later.

I wrote a little something called "This Feeling". I have always loved nature, just not exercise. It's about a girl's point of view, who is climbing up a hill, and she's looking at the nature that is surrounding her. She's feeling so passionate about what she's seeing, describing everything to the sounds to the color of the sky. My favorite line is 'Maybe the trees are trying to tell me a story between each rustle of their leaves." I used a lot of figurative language to make people feel like they were climbing this hill with her, and feel the beating sun, the soft winds, and seeing what she's seeing.  It's one of my favorite things that I have written in a long time, and I am super proud of it.

I am going to be an aunt this coming May, so I wrote a little poem for my sister-in-law to read to the baby, which she loved and still cries about it. Happy tears of course! We don't know the gender yet, so I basically had to dance around it a lot, saying 'You have flowers in your hair' and "A little bow-tie". I don't care what the gender of the baby is, it's wearing a bow-tie, cause Bow-ties are cool.

Well, that's all I wrote. I am disappointed that I didn't write more, but I was super busy with midterms and not studying at all. Whoops! But, here's a little something to make everything better, I have no idea what to call this, or what this even is but here you go:

All I see is waves of a fearless ocean behind your eyes, drown your fears in them.
All I hear is the battle cry when you open your mouth to speak, scare your enemies away.

No comments:

Post a Comment